Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Sons are Tuff




Each year United Rugby Club has a family day. United Rugby Club is made up of high school players, unlike the old days when I played for United Rugby Club. The guys I used to play with have started up the club for their sons since we are all to old. Except for family day where coaches, dads and alumni play the high school team. Cotton and I both played on the front rows opposing each other. If you have ever played on the front row in a rugby scrum you know how intense it can get. But the feeling of having your own son on the other side facing you is much more intense. Especially when you son is so much bigger and stronger than you.
In another scrimmage Cotton and I got to play on the same team. He played prop and I played hooker. Now that was intense..... I would line up with any of my boys on the front row anytime.

1 comment:

Erva Fitzsimmons said...

You are such an AWESOME Guy, Mike.
You make me cry cus I'm so far away. luv ya mom