Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Saturdays Run

I left again on the Pine Hollow Trail Head. After about 5 minutes it god very icy where the snow had been walked on from last week. I put on my traction cleats. Slip on Golash type things with sheetmetal screws coming out the bottom of them. They slip right over my "Montrail Hardrock" running shoes. I run into the Utah County Search and Rescue, they have hiked in and camped for the night. It probably got to about 20 degrees at night. I am thankful for these dedicated people and doing what they like to do.

After I leave them in the cold I come out on the meadow where the sun has just started to shine for a new day. From here it starts to get warm and the frozen mud starts to thaw. Nut enough where I can still run.

I turn around and notice this picture of the North Column of the back of Mount Timanogos.

This is why I run the mountians.
Mountianrunnnermike.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

You are something else.
Vickie