Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Moby Dick


I get Kidney Stones. Painful. Yet love to drink Diet coke, eat cashews, and run long distances. None of the above help out. Latley about every three to four months I get one of these barbed looking thing that want to pass into my bladder.


I have passed a kidney stone on the top of Lighting Ridge, I have passed a kidney stone on vacation driving to Disney land, in a meeting at work, most of these times without any pain killers.


Sometimes I take a good painkiller and watch a good long movie like Lord of the Rings, Drink a lot of water and flush the "DEVIL" out.


This time I woke up at 2:00am with some severe back pain. I took a painkiller and 44 ounces of water and the pain would not go away. After 1-1/2 hours more I took another. Still the pain was great. At 7:00am I asked my 16 year old son to take me to the hospital. After a liter of morphine I could finally lay still.

They took xrays and wanted to see how big it was. Just before they came to tell me I used the bathroom and shot the sucker out into the catch basin. Because of the size of it, the doctor or nurses did not believe me that I had passed it. The doctor rushed to get a ruler to measure it and it turned out to be 7 millimeters. They still could not beleive that I passed it. He said that most of the general public cannot pass anything bigger than 5 millimeters.


Here is a picture of Moby Dick!!!

No comments: